¡Buenos días! ¿Qué tal estáis? Hoy quería compartir en vídeo, algunas de las posibles preguntas que las familias de acogida suelen hacernos cuando estamos en el proceso de entrevistas con ellos. Os dejo una lista que te manda la agencia, la verdad es que es muy útil porque, aunque esperes algunas de las preguntas, muchas otras a lo mejor no se te habían ocurrido y tienes tiempo suficiente para prepararlas.
Experience and interest in working with children
- Why have you chosen to become an aupair?
- What do you enjoy most about caring for children?
- Have you ever bathed or cooked meals for children?
- Can you tell us more about your experience caring for children ages <insert age of kids>?
- Have you ever cared for children for 45 hours a week, or 8 hours a day?
- How many children have you cared for alone at one time?
- Would you be comfortable staying home with kids all day?
- Are you a good student? Can you help the children with homework?
- What are your strongest childcare qualities?
Lifestyle and interests
- What are you doing right now, are you working or going to school?
- What type of family are you looking for?
- What do you want to do after you finish your year as an aupair?
- Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?
- How does he or she feel about you leaving for a year?
- Have you ever smoked cigarettes? If so, how often and when did you quit?
- Do you have any medical (health) problems?
- Do you like or have pets? (Ask about allergies)
- Have you ever lived away from home before?
- Have you ever been to the United States before?
- Can you tell me about your family?
- How do they feel about you coming to the United States for one year?
- What would you hope to do during your year in the USA?
Duties & Responsibilities
- How do you feel about waking up early to help us get the children off to school?
- What kinds of things would you cook for the children’s dinner?
- What do you think your day will be like with the children?
- What will you do with them?
- Are you a tidy and organized person?
- How often do you help clean up your home now?
- Are you flexible? If we run little late from work, do you mind?
- Would you want to participate in our family outings or vacations?
- We want our children to learn another language, would you mind speaking to them in your language?
- Our children have playmates coming over to our house regularly, would that bother you?
- How do you react when a child misbehaves, or does not do what you ask?
- How would you handle <bedtime, meal struggles, jealousy, crying, and a fussy baby>?
- How were you disciplined as a child?
- Do you have any first-aid training?
- Do you think you should treat younger and older children equally?
- How would you treat them differently?
Home life, diet, and culture/traditions
- Will you request any time off to observe certain religious days?
- Do you have any dietary restrictions? Is there any type of food you don’t eat?
- How would you approach us if you have any problems or issues during your stay?
- Would you rather be out with friends or at home on a typical weekday night, or typical weekend night?
- What do you think will be the biggest challenge in regards to living with a foreign family?
- Have you ever lived apart from your family and friends? If so, what was the hardest part for you?
- What kinds of classes would you like to take this year?
- How much time do you spend talking with friends and family on the phone?
- How much time do you spend on the internet/computer?
- Your application says you can drive, do you drive a lot?
- How long have you had a driver’s license?
- Do you have an international driver’s license?
- Do you have a car now, what kind is it?
- Have you ever driven an American automatic car ?
- Have you ever been in a car accident? (If yes, discuss it)
- Would you be comfortable driving kids in the car with you?
- What about in the snow?
*Fuente de la imagen: